Will Hall Took His First British Hillclimb Run In 2 Years

Will Hall took his first British Hillclimb Championship run-off win in two years at Harewood on May 7th. Driving the Force AER WH, Will also took the fastest time of day with a 50.48s run. After the second round at Harewood, where the colder temperatures and a course marker picked up on his run meant an eight-place finish, Will finds himself third overall in the Championship.

Will, son of midlands Hillclimb legend Mike Hall, started in hillclimbing with a Westfield Vauxhall in the late 1990s where he rapidly acquired the nickname ‘Will-he, won’t-he’ (make it to the top of the hill) due to his wild, sideways driving style.

Hill can be seen in this video below:

What Did Turbo Dynamics Rebuild?

Strapped to the car is a bespoke Turbo Dynamics designed turbocharger utilising a Garrett GT dual ball bearing core with our uprated motorsport bearing pack consisting of ceramic ball bearings, bronze bearing carriers and staggered gap oil seal upgrades. The modified unit features a Turbo Dynamics billet Aluminium 11 blade compressor wheel and a lightweight Stainless Steel TiAL turbine housing.

To view our range of Garrett & TiAL range click here.

Trevor Willis and Scott Moran were the only two drivers present to have won at the Yorkshire venue, having taken 19 of the last 20 wins. This meant that anyone else securing a victory would be a new Harewood winner – and that was what happened. Will Hall won the opening encounter two years after his Force-AER’s only other win at Craigantlet. Willis missed out on the chance to score six out of six wins when understeer forced him to run wide at Farmhouse in Q1, finishing eight seconds off his ultimate pace.

After bouncing back to win round six, Willis said “It has been so cold this weekend, none of us could keep heat in the tyres.” 

Following his early success Hall dropped back in the finishing order when he ran into problems off the start in the second encounter. Pushing hard to make up time, he battled understeer and even picked up a flexible track marker at the Esses, which stuck to the car until near the end, compromising his run. Wallace Menxies also suffered after having a self-induced half-spin out of Country corner in round five.

Harewood record holder Scott Moran was subdued on his return. As smooth as ever, he finished second in the first run-off after qualifying seventh.